Google Search

Monday, October 24, 2011

The Adventures of Gullible Gringo: How Government Love Extends Beyond the Border

by Number Six

As a dual citizen, I answer to more than one government, not including the third I may be living under at a given time. You may also include the fourth ?international? government whose norms may also apply. After all, NATO troops are stationed thirty minutes from my grandparent?s rural village in one of the countries of my citizenship.

One of the governments I am a citizen of leaves me completely alone, I have not heard from nor been solicited by this entity in any way. Ever. Nor have I desired any one thing from this entity.

The other government (you can guess which) does not leave me alone. I unwittingly took part in an experiment once. Living abroad and making less than the poverty line, I had not bothered to ?file? an IRS income tax return. Some time later, my stateside ?home? address had received a $600 fine for not bothering to submit a list of my (financial) possessions.

Read More


Latest Commentary
- There Is An Evil 1%, But Everyone Is Getting Its Identity Wrong
- Don't Change the Law -- Ignore It
- The Dawn of Late Fascism
- Will Holder Fold?
- What Radicalism? OWS's Slogan Should Really Be "Up With The Man!"
- Destroying Value: What Government Does Best
- The LA Times notices the "double standard" on Iran
- Prison-Yard America

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which in some cases has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available for the purposes of news reporting, education, research, comment, and criticism, which constitutes a 'fair use' of such copyrighted material in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (found at the U.S. Copyright Office) and other applicable intellectual property laws. It is our policy to remove material from public view that we believe in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our members or users.
About Us - Disclaimer - Privacy Policy
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened..." - Winston Churchill


View the original article here