By Terence P. Jeffrey
The U.S. Export-Import Bank, an independent agency of the federal government, says that it has $500 million in loans in the ?pipeline? to fund new solar energy projects?in India.
The $500 million in new loans will come on top of $75 million in financing that the Export-Import Bank has already provided this year for solar power projects in India.
?In fiscal year 2011 to date, the Bank has approved financing totaling approximately $75 million for four solar projects in India,? the bank said in a July 18 press release. ?The Bank also has about $500 million of India solar projects in the pipeline that will generate an estimated 315 MW of solar power.?
While in India last month, Export-Import Bank Chairman Fred Hochberg, an Obama appointee, announced two of the new solar projects the U.S.-government bank will be financing.
- 9/11 First Responders To Be Excluded From 10th Anniversary Ceremony
- Government Regulators Shake Down Google For $500,000,000
- How Government Decides Who Is Qualified
- Ricky the Rent Boy
- Planning board politico allegedly assaults disabled man and smashes his cell phone after he took a picture of him illegally parked in two handicap spots
- The Battle For Brooklyn: Eminent Domain Abuse Gone Wild
- Small Arkansas Town Wants To Ban Free Speech And Freedom Of Assembly, No "Group" Will Be Able To Meet Without City's Permission
- New York's Gang of Thieves
This site contains copyrighted material the use of which in some cases has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available for the purposes of news reporting, education, research, comment, and criticism, which constitutes a 'fair use' of such copyrighted material in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (found at the U.S. Copyright Office) and other applicable intellectual property laws. It is our policy to remove material from public view that we believe in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our members or users.
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened..." - Winston Churchill