Google Search

Friday, February 10, 2012

David Stanley, RIP

Chris | InformationLiberation

I'm not quite sure how to say this, but I've just received word long time InfoLib poster David Stanley aka Dave has reportedly passed. His girlfriend says he committed suicide two days ago on Wednesday, February 1st.

I didn't always understand his posts, but he loved the site and with 4204 comments he was our most prolific poster, he had a lot of friends who posted here as well.

I'm absolutely devastated by this news, he's been posting since 2007, he was posting just the other day on 1/19, I'm not really sure what to think...

RIP, Dave, I hope you're in a better place now, you will be missed!

- Chris, InfoLib

Update: Here's a poem in Dave's honor from FriendStacy:

Friday, February 3, 2012
be at peace my dear friend
17 april 2010

poem for dave
by friendstacy

threats and intimidation are the only weapons bullies have.
those threats only work to control and manipulate us if we become afraid.

it's all the same,
whether it's the government and their armies.
the bankers and their money.
the church and their divine punishment, hell, or karma.
the courts and their laws.

they demand obedience, OR ELSE!
cowards.

only cowards could support a system based upon fear.
a system based upon threats and intimidation,
punishments and rewards,
a system designed to prevent people
from thinking for themselves
and making their own decisions.

it was real hard to talk about things
that disagreed with the mass mind-control propaganda,
the so-called "public opinion" created by media
and schools and churches
and all the other abusive institutions of societal control.
but dave wasn't afraid.
i'm not afraid anymore.
thanks dave!

Latest Commentary
- Panopticon Coming to a Neighborhood Near You!
- Get Off the Road to War: Stop the Sanctions on Iran
- The SOPA Wake-Up Call to Abolish Copyright
- Worship of the Mob
- Pre-Election Euphoria
- The State of the Union: Just Another Reality Show
- Leon Panetta's explicitly authoritarian decree
- The Three Biggest Lies the Government Is Telling You

Many thanks Chris.

I believe this place was a spiritual and cathartic home for Dave.

A gentleman passed this way.

WM

Sorry, TY to all, too, particularly friendstacy.

WM

Hi Dave,
Always liked to read what you wrote.
Intelligence put to good use, is a rare thing to find these days.
I and many others will certainly miss you, i'm sure.
Rest in peace my friend.

Harry Hood.

I dreamt Dave posted in this thread and said it was all a big misunderstanding and everything's fine =[ I'm really going to miss you Dave =[ Sadly I have to report that Dave isn't the only person who understands
the grave situation humankind is in that has taken his own life ..
I have lost several good friends to suicide the last couple of years,
all because they lost faith in the future of our species ..
And they where not teenagers suffering from 'existential angst', some of them even had teenage-children :(

I know it's not 'easy' to decide to end your own life, despite what some may think it's NOT the cowards way out, but .. I wish you hadn't !!

if dave ended his own life, it's only because the beast is dying and he had no enemy left to fight. he wouldn't have ever willingly given up the fight otherwise. I knew Dave personally and from the OBU forum, where at one time he was a prolific poster. I reproduce below a little of my own comment from the forum together with a quote fro Dave:

I reproduce below, for the second time in two years, Dave?s first contribution to the OBU forum from December 2005 and now sadly his final contribution. He refers to the earlier MBS forum:

"I thought I would say hi to all. It has been quite a journey of discovery for me, one that started originally with a knock at the door.

I knew something was very wrong back then, but when I went in search of the others, I could not have been prepared for the human carnage I found.

I needed answers, and some two years on, I am a little wiser, in fact I did nearly all of my growing up during my time on the board.

For all the carnage and despair where a state had turned savagely on its people, I learnt from everyone I met, what was said, and sometimes from listening to my own rants realising what I should have said instead of what I had said.

It should never of course have happened, but it was a privilege to have met the people I did."

The impression I got of Dave, from his contributions to this forum, was he was a man of immense compassion. When fighting my own case he gave me useful advice and was prepared to be there for me at my trial. I had conversations with him on phone and met him at the trial of Jim Bates at Leicester Crown Court.
There must be evil people in control to treat this gentle man in the way he is being treated.
And the last word from Dave:

"The hope for this sad nation, lies in the hearts of its people. Be strong, for whatever your thoughts, you have a right to them, and that is what is and should be special about life."

R.I.P Dave Stanley
_________________

Dave busted my ass more than once on this site. I didn't know him, but he must have been going through a lot. Events like this always remind us to be thoughtful of one another. You never know what someone is having to bear...God bless u, Dave.

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which in some cases has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available for the purposes of news reporting, education, research, comment, and criticism, which constitutes a 'fair use' of such copyrighted material in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (found at the U.S. Copyright Office) and other applicable intellectual property laws. It is our policy to remove material from public view that we believe in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our members or users.
About Us - Disclaimer - Privacy Policy
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened..." - Winston Churchill


View the original article here